Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Can't Sleep!

It is 4:13 am currently and I cannot sleep. I have been trying for a while, only to give up and come online. I need to get my schedule back in order. I sleep all day and stay up all night. Subhanallah!

My brother's nikka (religious ceremony for his wedding) is coming up soon and my cousin's Mendhi (henna party) is this weekend, so those two things are all I can think about. I keep planning the events in my head. It's really annoying and I don't want to think about them but I can't help it.

What do you guys do when you can't fall asleep?

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I lie really still in bed and then focus on breathing in and out slowly and then when my mind is clear, starting from my toes and working my way up I tense and relax my body - do this for 10-20 minutes you will feel totally stress free and fall asleep soon enough! It works for me anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam hun, i feel your pain :/ this is my second all nighter two days in a row. I managed to nap a few hours yesterday and even though I was tired when it got to around 1am I still couldn't sleep. I have no advice on this topic as i'm still trying to figure it out myself lol all I can say is tell yourself as you get into bed that everything can wait until the morning, say your shahada and close your eyes! inshallah your pattern goes back to normal :] xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I only can't fall asleep if I have an upcoming exam or some other really important appointment the next day... But what do I do then? Sometimes I pray, sometimes I read the Qur'an to calm myself or I listen to recitations of the Qur'an. When the mind is calmed you should be able to fall asleep afterwards...insha'Allah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. do dikr and inshAllah next thing you know ur waking up :) I tried it and its really helpful, also try not to take in any caffeine before you sleep by a couple hours, and before getting in bed, just take a paper and right down all thats on your mind to get it all out, then put the paper away. you can always get to those things in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. daymn , i hate when this happens but later i start to feel sleepy when its the time to b awake.

    Silla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know those days too well!! I hope you finally got some sleep.

    ReplyDelete