Thursday, October 28, 2010

Random Rant

This post is just a random rant and rave about some people who are just so utterly rude. So I'm throwing eloquency and grammar out the door.

Honestly, I can't get over it. And these people are so-called "religious." Didn't anyone ever tell them that being a good Muslim means you should have akhlaq (good manners)?!?

Now, I know sometimes people can come off as rude and they don't mean to, especially when someone is telling you that you are doing something wrong, since it is a sensitive situation. So, I'm not referring to those people. I'm talking about that individual(s) who you've known for at least some time that you can tell they are ALWAYS like that, just sitting up there, high and mighty, on their throne. Those are the people! I just want to punch them in the face sometimes.

I'm all for spreading Islam and correcting mistakes, but when someone is constantly acting like they are the best possible Muslim in the universe and nagging at everyone else, it gets bloody irritating.

If someone is praying, fasting, giving sadaqa and all that good stuff, quite frankly it doesn't make a difference to me or anyone else. It's great that they are doing that, but their salah does not help me or give me good deeds. Their fasts do not feed me. These things are done for Allah (swt). What does directly affect me however, is their character, personality and the way they treat me. So the best way to be a good Muslim to someone else is to be a nice individual. Can't they get that through their thick skull??

*SIGH*

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. You are totally right !
    It is hell bloody irritating when it comes from any normal individual! How about a Muslim !???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't understand "religious" Muslims who do da'wah by making others feel low about themselves. It isn't Islamic at all! That's why non Muslims doubt Islam... because of Muslims who are stone cold and judgemental!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to Allah - dont be so frustrated. Hold your patience. Allahu A3lam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. I really gets under my skin - I shouldnt let it, but it does. Theres a way of doing dawah or correcting someone and theres a manner in which you speak to someone or disagree. I especially find it difficult to tolerate when I know that they themselves are doing something 'unislamic' whilst they preach to others - but unlike some I dont like to expose sins of others. You are meant to cover the mistakes and sins of your brothers and sisters and make excuses for them in public while you educate them in private and Allah will cover your sins for you on the Day of Judgment inshallah.

    Ok, mini rant over lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one likes those kinds of people and it's a grave thing indeed...People who perform actions towards Allah and show off about it and are arrogant will be the first to be dragged to hell...it's a hadith...may God save us from such characteristics

    ReplyDelete