Thursday, November 18, 2010

Seeking Forgiveness?

Something happened today that reminded me of all the dumb things I've done and do in my life. I have no patience, Subhanallah! I always try and ask forgiveness for my sins, but mostly end up doing them again. It's so bad, I know! I genuinely try to be a good person, but I definitely fall short.

I was feeling a little hopeless, but I decided instead of giving up, the best thing to do is be proactive and repent for my sins. Praying to Allah (swt) is always the best thing to do, so if you're feeling hopeless and just need some reassurance, turn to Allah!


Allah (SWT) Most High says in Noble Qur'an, "Ask your Lord for forgiveness and then turn in repentance to Him..." (11:3)

Also Allah (SWT) Most High says in Noble Qur'an, "O you who believe! Turn (in repentance) to Allah with sincere repentance; Perhaps your Lord will remove your evil from you... " (66:8)

May this benefit everyone and be a reminder to me, before anyone else!

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Salaam Alaikum!
    Great reminder. Allah (swt) should be the first one we go to, whether we are in distress, happy, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( :( :( same goes to me, i hate it when i did the same mistake again. tho i asked for forgiveness but i will end up doing it again in da future . HATE IT A LOT!! *sigh*

    Silla

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Humans, we're prone to slip up every now and then. But Alhamdulillah, Allah is most merciful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one thing we must never do is feel 'hopeless' of Allah's Mercy!!! Allah loves to forgive! Allah(swt) taught Adam(as) how to repent... isn't that awesome?! These are the words Allah(swt) have Adam(as) say: (Surah Al-A'raaf, Ayah 23) رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
    "Our Lord! We have sinned against ourselves, and unless You grant us forgiveness and bestow Your mercy upon us, we shall most certainly be lost!" Also, the prayer Yunus(as) prayed from inside the 'belly of the fish'... لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَـنَكَ إِنِّى كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّـلِمِينَ
    "There is no God but You, Glorified be You! Truly, I have been of the wrongdoers"
    The story of Yunus is indeed a beautiful story!

    All this I say to myself first my dear sister, and thank you immensely for the reminder!! ..that of all sources of empathy we may look for when stricken with grief, sorrow, worry, problems, trials.. Allah(swt) is the BEST to throw our complaints at!!! Friends are human beings and surely they get fed up from hearing our problems, our nags..., our complaints.. but Allah(swt) loves it when we complain to HIM(swt).. and He(swt) gave us the tools to do it... Salatul Taubah, Tahajjud Salaah, Du'aas, etc. Even if we forget and err over and over.. he promised us His forgiveness.. the problem is that my nature humans are forgetful.. so we forget to seek from the Most Merciful, Most Forgiving!!! I pray this helps you as much as it helped me... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salams Sisters, Subhanallah this is such a nice reminder for me as well. I'm new to this site, Mashallah it's very nice. Thank you UmmUmar for the reminder as well. Barahk Allah Feeke Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jazakallah khair UmmUmar! That was beautifuly said and a great reminder! It's true, sometimes we start to feel hopeless in ourselves and think we should be hopeless in Allah as well, astagfirullah! But liek you said, Allah is not a human and he loves when we seek forgiveness! May He always shower us with his mercy and rahma! Ameen!

    ReplyDelete