Thursday, December 2, 2010

Annoying Aunties

I hate when "aunties" tell you to have a kid. It's so annoying! Like, who are you? What gives you the right to talk to me about something so personal? UGH!

Ever since I've been married, I've been hearing annoying crap from annoying people, people I barely know, to have a kid. Listen LADY, I don't care if you live in the community or I say Salam to you when I see you in the masjid. You DO NOT have the right to talk to me about having a child. My sex life should be none of your concern. SO SHUT UP!

Conversation with annoying auntie who I wanted to punch in the face.


Me: Assalamu Alaikum auntie

AA (annoying auntie): Walaikum assalam. How are you? You don't sound too well.

Me: Alhamdulillah, just feeling a little sick.

AA: OH! Are you throwing up?

Me *thinking WTH*: NO. I'm just feeling a little tired. You know the weather...

AA: Oh yes, everyone is getting sick. When are you going to start throwing up?

Me: Anyway, nice talking to you. Assalamu Alaikum

DON'T ASK ME WHEN I'M GOING TO START THROWING UP in code like you're all slick, but really you're just a pervert and weird!

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOL!!! dat is sick. dnt worry dear, u will gona hve kids when Allah wants it :D

    Silla

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But really you are just a pervert and weird" lol that made me laugh. I know it can be annoying. I always have people asking when am I going to get married but don't let it upset you, just ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I understand you so good. I hate these kind of people who are so tactless and insensitive!!!

    xoxo

    www.scents-of-arabia@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol ugh I know what you mean. Im a convert to islam and first it was "when are you going to get married" (I was 20 at the time and in my culture that is way too young), once I got married it was "when are you going to have a kid". I would go to the masjid to pray and older women I didnt even know would ask me if i was married and I´d say yes and then theyd ask me if i had any children and if i said no (back then I didnt) theyd give me a weird look and then ask me when I was going to have some. Now that I have a 3 1/2 month old the next question is "when are you having another baby" back in the states i lived in a large indian-pakistani community. im married to an arab an in the arab culture you need a minimum of 4 kids lol. im fine with just one =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaatious and Im soo feeling it for you hun - i was married 4 years before my first and got such a hard time to start a family. i have a 7 year old son now and the pressure to have another never goes. ps love your writng style!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaa when are you going to sart throwing up? thats a new one haha thats funny hey sis, i am mad at myself for not coming here eearlier loving your blog seriously Mashallah :)
    and being married doesnt mean you have 2 have kids im recently married and have zero plans nuh-uh haha
    love
    naz@somalianarab.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, This one Aunty always tell me to "take this medicine that gives you kids, you can get it at the store." lol, and I've already got a kid!!

    ReplyDelete