Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sewing Advice

I really want to start sewing inshallah. I did a long time ago when I was a kid and I still remember the basics. My brother's wedding is coming up and I want to sew the shirt I am going to wear with my lengha. I don't have any sewing materials though. I used to use my mom's things when I lived with her, but ever since I got married, I haven't purchased my own things.

Does anyone have any ideas on what sewing machine is best to get? I don't mind spending a bit on it, but I don't want it to be too expensive, esp. if I hardly end up using it.

Any input would be great if you know anything about sewing!

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. OH Yes I DO!!!! In my opinion (plus several weeks of online research) one of the best sewing machines you can get is the CS six thousandi brother. Its electrical so you can use a footer to step on it or simlpy switch on a button to sew at various speeds. There are tons of stiching including six different button stiches ..oh i can go on and on. I own one and from what I know its one of the most affordable high quality electric sewing machines out there. Hope that helps sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I've started learning how to use the sewing machine and I totally love it. I made like 10 niqabs already =). And 2 hijabs. =) It's actually quite addictive u know? I use SINGER sewing machine. Don't think they have it in your place tho' =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its a great, especially the feeling of achievement when you finally get to wear it!

    I used to use the Brother one a few years ago. I'm not an expert but I would suggest you try making the practice outfits first just so you're confident when you come to sewing together the actual thing. But yeah, what Is-za Jelass said lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asalaam alaikum,
    I have been sewing for the last few years for myself and family. It is really a fun and useful hobby. I have a Kenmore machine bought way back when...and I have a Janome Juno serger that is very good, if you do a lot of garment sewing. You can check out www.patternreview.com for sewing machine comparisons. Let us know what you choose!
    Aminah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not perfect in sewing but i really want to be a perfect..i have brother brand..& its good..i hope you will check

    ReplyDelete