Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ramadan Reflections - Day 1

I'm back and just in time for Ramadan! I have decided to write a daily reflection during Ramadan to keep my thoughts together and elevate my iman.

Today's reflection is taken from www.igotitcovered.com.

Mashallah it is such an awesome read so you can check out the full article here.



Dear Book of Allah, sent down specifically for my guidance and for the guidance of humanity; dear Words of my Lord:

I weep for my negligence towards you, for my long absence from reciting your ayahs and flipping through your pages, for my distance from pouring over your meanings, powerful and moving, soothing and comforting, full of knowledge and wisdom.


Dear Book of Allah: This Ramadan, I will open my heart and mind to you. I will ponder deeply over your words, for your words were meant to be pondered over: “Then do they not reflect upon the Qur’an, or are there locks upon [their] hearts?” [47.24]. Even if I don’t fully understand the Arabic of your verses, I will open you up to read from you daily, to let my eyes fall on the pages of your sacred text.

This Ramadan, I will fall in love with you. I will engage with you, dear Words of Allah, as words that are talking specifically to me, guiding me to what is right and what is wrong. I will not read you passively. When Allah speaks of His Glory and signs, I will stop to ponder. When He speaks of His Hell-fire and His punishment, I will reflect upon my own self and my actions and weep. When He speaks of His reward and the people He has favored, I will yearn to be of those blessed with meeting Him in Paradise.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment