Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ramadan Reflections - Day 3

I find that during this month in particular, I forget all the things I want in this life and in the akhira. When it comes time to make dua after my daily prayers or anytime during the day or night, I become stuck. I end up making the same dua over and over or just don't make dua at all.

Subhanallah, during the most blessed month, when prayers are answered the most, I am unable to make the duas that I know are in my heart. Consequently, I have found the answer to my problem: a dua list.

Write a simple dua list for yourself that you can use after salah or at the masjid. Just take out 15 minutes from your day to organize your wants and needs from Allah (swt). You can write in any order that you please and whatever makes sense to you. This way, you know what it is that you truly want out of this life and it gives you a chance to be grateful for what you already have.

I will be prioritizing my list as follows:
Praising Allah
Sending Salam to the Prophet (pbuh)
Duas for the Akhira
Duas for the dunya
Duas for others
Thanking Allah

Write it down on a paper or type it and print it out. I plan to have it on my phone so that I can have my dua list with me all the time.

May Allah (swt) accept all our duas! Ameen!


Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea, I'm gona do this on my phone thank you. May the Almighty be pleased with u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. someone explain to me why people carry it with them or have it somewhere portable- is it a must ?

      2. also when your doing your dua do you look at the list if u forget ? thanks Convert

      Delete
  2. someone explain to me why people carry it with them or have it somewhere portable- is it a must ?

    2. also when your doing your dua do you look at the list if u forget ? thanks Convert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not a must at all. Most people just make dua from their heart and don't need it written down. It's just something I like to do sometimes because sometimes you forget what you want to make dua for. We are human after all and are very forgetful that we can't even remember what we want for ourselves. Also, I like to write down duas from the quran and since I don't have many memorized, it is easy to have it written somewhere. And yes, I look at my list while making dua as long as the dua is not during salah.

      Delete