Monday, July 23, 2012

Ramadan Reflections - Day 4

I fed my soul today. After what seems like years, forgetting my body, my hunger, my thirst, I put my soul first. My soul tasted the sweet flavor of iman, the rich seasoning of taqwa. And it feels amazing.

I haven't fasted in so long. Last Ramadan I had just had my baby and was unable to fast. This Ramadan, I am pregnant again, 7 months, and I didn't fast the first few days, worried about the affect it would have on my body and my baby. And honestly, I was worried I wouldn't last. Pregnancy brings about the glorious side-effects of nausea and extreme hunger, especially if you're not constantly eating.

But alhamdulillah, today is my first fast and I feel wonderful. I feel like I have been missing out on Ramadan and the iman rush that others are just raving about. Today, I feel like I am apart of it. I know that it won't be easy, but inshallah I plan to keep as many fasts as I can. Please do keep me in your duas.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. InshAllah! Beautiful post putting the true meaning of fasting into front and center. Ramadan is so often thought of for it's physical pangs - hunger - instead of spiritual relief.

    ReplyDelete