Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ramadan Reflections - Day 8

Once again, this is late. My apologies.

I went to taraweeh last night for the first time this Ramadan. Alhamdulillah. It was a great feeling to be around so many friends and community members, joined together in the remembrance of Allah.

I remember I used to attend every night before I had my daughter. Subhanallah. You don't realize how easy you have it before you have a child. I would attend qiyams, taraweeh and other halaqas and events. Now, it is very hard to even get out. And unfortunately most people at the masjid are not very open to having children around during prayer.

Last night, when I saw children during taraweeh, my heart melted for those mothers and I had much more patience with them then I ever had before. When you have your own child, you realize how hard it is to complete your ibadah.

So please, just consider this: the children of today are the leaders of tomorrow. Our Ummah relies on these leaders for our deen to continue and prosper. So when you see children in the masjid during taraweeh, jummah, or during any regular prayer, control your anger and irritation. Rather, be pleased that tomorrow's leaders are gaining the knowledge and experience they need for their religion. Let's open our hearts and our masjids to the children of Islam.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment